I know...30 days seems like forever..but it really isn't..consider the blinding speed with which that car payment comes due again... but as you'll see in another "preserved lemon" post if you scroll down...I am just fascinated with the whole idea of these little jewels...bottled sunshine..waiting to make my rice..or couscous..or chicken or fish dishes just stand out...to make my friends say...hey...what's in this? I cannot quit thinking about making these....
So today's the day...I'm making the ones that I can use tonight..courtesy of Ina Garten..see below...and I'm making the 30 day ones...just to see which is best...
there will be pictures later today...and below are a couple of ideas for what to do with them...
Preserved Lemons...the 30 day method.... "Patience Grasshopper...."
- 6 medium-size lemons
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1 cup lemon juice, or more if needed.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1/2 pound asparagus cut into 2 inch diagonal pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 preserved lemon, pulp and rind, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- Fresh lemon zest